August 21, 2010

Ah Saturday!  Hill repeat day!  Almost as much fun as Algebra II.  Hill repeats are great for building explosive strength and a solid cardiovascular base.  My work out starts with two repeats as a warm-up, not fast, just a light jaunt to open up the lungs.    

I do 3 repeats at 3/4 strength, with one set of push-ups in between starting with 10, then I ladder down to to 8.  

One minute rest.   

Three more repeats at full speed; paying careful attention to giving a strong burst at the beginning, and slow relaxed breathing.  I also perform sets of push-ups, in between these laddering down to 5.  

One minute rest, okay, maybe two.

Two more repeats at 3/4 strength.  Push-up ladder back UP, starting with 5.

Three more repeats at full speed.  Push-up ladder to 9.  Again, the key here is explosion, speed, and relaxation.

Rest.

One last set of 10 push-ups, the two repeats at an easy pace.  

crawl down the street home.

This work-out puts my cardiovascular system into a solid anaerobic, semi-miserable state, and keeps my BJJ flowing.  

The hill that I run is steep enough to be challenging, but I can still reach out to a gazelle stride.  My slowest time on this hill is 30 seconds (warm up speed) and my fastest is 24 seconds.  

 
Train well.

Dag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SWAT tryouts