August 30, 2010

I played hooky in Algebra class the other day, and skipped my hill repeats.  My sister, brother-in-law, and devilish 3-year old nephew were in town for the day so I did the family bit.

I ran yesterday instead of Bikram to mix things up.  I find the occasional short run (3.5 miles) is a soothing diversion.  Also, on a more vain note, running keeps my butt in good shape.

No Open Mat tonight due to a 5-hour overtime situation at work this morning.  I did not get home until noon so sleep was a priority today.  Graveyard is my favorite shift, but it's a double edged sword.

I may have written about this before, but the subject is a worthy discussion.  Working these hours is like attaching an open sieve to your energy level and watching helplessly as you accrue sleep debt with 30% interest.  The sleep you get during daytime hours is less effective than nighttime sleep.  So, even though you think you are getting enough rest, your body is slipping slowly into a pit drained, chronic tiredness.  I have run myself into the ground more than once by ignoring my body's need for rest, so, here I sit, with coffee and my blog.  The mat will be there tomorrow night.

And on that note, the work hour approaches again....

Train well, Train often

Dag  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SWAT tryouts