Paleo Suggestions

I go through short cooking bursts every now and again, but I, actually we, (husband and I) am/are currently in a non-cooking burst.  Thus, I thought this would be a good time to share some low maintenance Paleo meals that do not require a lot of time.

Kale and Swiss Chard, welcome to the stage.

Kale Chips.  Spread out Kale on a large pan.  Pour Olive Oil in your hand (just a little), and lightly rub the oil on the Kale.  Sprinkle a touch of seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes at 350, or until the Kale is crispy.  I have not tried this with Swiss Chard, but I'm sure it would work just fine.   

Kale/Swiss Chard with tuna.  Make your own mayo using two eggs and, heck, I'll say maybe an 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.  (I never measure).  Mix the tuna salad to your liking and serve it with Kale/Swiss Chard leaves and Sriracha sauce.  Use the fresh leaves as a wrap.

Kale/Swiss Chard with beef.  Cook diced lean beef (or any other meat).  Serve with Kale/Swiss Chard leaves.  Again, use the fresh leaves as a wrap.

Saute Kale/Swiss Chard in a dash of Olive Oil until the leaves are slightly wilted.

Mash one avocado and serve it wrapped in Kale/Swiss Chard leaves.

You get the picture.  Kale and Swiss Chard are packed with good fuel for the machine, and the leaves are thick and meaty, so they make for an ultra healthy, satisfying meal.    

I don't want to sound like a cliche', but fruit and nuts are my saviors when I get the snack attack.  Honey Crisp Apples are as good as Jolly Rancher candy.  I buy peanut-free mixed nuts in bulk, which are a buttery treat, and if you portion out just under 1/4 of a cup for a snack, the calorie content stays in check.     

My breakfast remains the same, which is a revolving door of different berries and about 1/2 cup of almond milk with any one or two of the following depending on the content of my day:  one tablespoon of Almond Butter, one tablespoon of Flax Seeds, one Banana, one scoop of egg protein, or one scoop of rice protein.

Souplantation is great for Paleo dining.  Quality Asian fare (not Rice King), and some Mediterranean fare are also good if you need to dine out Paleo.  7-11 stores usually carry bananas, so in a rush (like, you have 5 minutes to eat lunch kind of rush) you can make a meal out of a banana and cashews.  Of course, these choices will not be adhering to the absolute strictest Paleo guidelines, but they are better than cruddy fast food.  Eat well.  Fuel the machine with high octane.

Train well,
Dag   
   


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SWAT tryouts