South Bay

I am competing in Caique's South Bay tournament tomorrow.

long pause...

I don't have any sage, brilliantly wise words of epiphanies and breakthroughs.  I have trained.  My weight is perfect (although we will be combined anyway).  I have fueled properly.  My only current pain is from a slightly jammed finger.  The I-Pod is charged.

Maybe that's my sage advice?  Simplicity.  Just do the training.  Stop eating Mallomars.  Broccoli sucks but figure out a way to work it into your food.  When you can look back on your training schedule and say in your heart, 'Yeah, I have done the work,'  the approach to tournament day is filled with, well, I wanted to type "calm" or "confidence" or "centered-ness,"  but the word that best describes my current state is "nothing."   Emptiness.  I am not worked up.  I am ready.  When you are ready, the need for affirmations bows to the facts at hand.  The homework is done.

Train well,
Dag


PS-  I want to give a shout out to Caique for having AGE GROUPS on the registration form for WOMEN.  There will not be enough women for this system to be honored, and we will be combined anyway, but I appreciate the fact Caique acknowledged the growing number of female competitors in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SWAT tryouts